The Indian government has made it very clear that all individuals are free to set up electric charging stations throughout the country, this means that you don’t need any license to setup an electric vehicle charging station. All you have to do is meet the set technical standards & guidelines by the power ministry. So if you are planning to own your EV charging station then you don’t need to get any licenses, you just need the right partner. A right partner will evaluate your property and provide you with perfect options to start generating revenues.
Why Setup an EV Charging Station at your property ?
If you are a property owner or operator, hosting an EV Charging Station holds tremendous advantages for you.
- Employee Benefit
- Increase in Footfalls
- Additional Income
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer stay longer
Workplace charging for plug-in charging vehicles is a boon to employees. Employers can increase the convenience and affordability of driving electric and help employees adopt advance technology without hassle. Rise in fuel cost has significantly triggered people to commute less through fuel vehicles. Looking at the fuel price hike, people are switching to electric mode of transportation.
Employers installing workplace charging must decide how much employees will pay for the charging station used. Many existing workplace provides charging programs free for employees. However, it is important to develop a fees structure to increase the perception of fairness. Charging fees can help offset capital and operational costs associated. Proper workplace charging implementation increase the convenience and affordability of driving electric vehicle among employees.
EVs are the future:
EVs are the future, moreover petrol/diesel fuel prices are increasing at constant speed. Rise in price makes EVs a best replacement option. The government of India has its own set of plans to encourage the netizens to switch to electric vehicles. This is enabled through setting up EV charging stations in the near range.
All the leading manufacturers like Tata, Hyundai, MG Motors, and Mahindra have come up with their own versions of electric vehicles. Reputed brands like Ashok Leyland, Hero, Revolt, TATA Motors have come up with electric bikes, scooters and buses. Charging demand is increasing which shows huge potential profits for upcoming EV hosts. Increased demand indicates a steep rise in the public charging base.
Increase in footfalls:
There are numerous benefits of installing EV charging stations at hotel and resort or at your property. Charging stations attract higher paying guest as well as non-guest customers if public EV charging is installed. EV drivers are more affluent than other drivers and tend to be better educated.
One of the top benefit is that people who will care about sustainability and this service will appreciate it. By advertising about EV charging stations on your website your potential guest will know they are welcomed there and travel without worrying about charging station. With all benefits at one place the guest will stay for longer period, upgrade plans and avail premium service which will overall increase hotel/restaurant revenue.
Understand the dynamics of hosting EV charging stations in India
- Worthiness of investing in EV charging station
- Government policies and initiatives
- Setup costing
- Charger cost
- Electricity and software cost
- Infrastructure cost
- Maintenance and power cost
- Advertising cost
- Infrastructure setting requirements
- Business Earning model
How to Setup an EV Charging Station at your property ?
- Select the suitable Charger Mix: A same EV user visits different types of properties with different objectives, example an EV user travelling from Delhi to Jaipur may visit a mid-way property for lunch & hence will select a property that has a fast-charging station that can charge the electric vehicle, while he/she has lunch. On the other hand, once in Jaipur the same EV user may look for an hotel with destination charging facility so the car may get charged overnight while he/she sleeps. Consequently, for a property user it is necessary to understand the the requirement of EV users & select suitable mix of chargers
- Check for the EV Charging policy & incentives: Certain states have positive EV Charging policy, which means that electricity required for charging station comes at a subsidised rate than normal commercial rates. Understanding the policy & regulations also helps in providing reliable, uninterrupted & cost-effective power to EV users.
- Select the right partner: Once you are familiar with the basics of charging station, it is important to get the right partner, that not only installs the charging station but also helps you in promoting the charging station, getting desired visibility among the EV users, successfully operating & maintaining the charging station during its work life.
So What’s is the right mix of chargers ?
A right mix of chargers, is the combination of chargers that caters the need of EV users that visit your property in minimum capital investment. This ensures that your chargers have high occupancy ratio and so maximise revenue.
Our modular infrastructure allows you to keep adding on charging infrastructure incrementally as your business grows. Further, we install, operate & maintain the chargers across their service life, facilitating you to earn without any hassle.
At YoCharge, when put a request for setting up a charging station our experts guide understand the dynamics of your business, property & location. If required we also conduct a physical survey to assess the property and after in-depth analysis suggest you first the right mix of chargers ( KW rating, AC/DC etc) that you should go for.
If you are looking to setup EV Charging Facility at your property like mall, shopping complex, society, hotel, restaurants, mid-ways, petrol pumps then you have reached the right place. Drop us a query below & our expert will get in touch with you at the earliest as we have a flexible investment plan for EV charging station setup.